The Lucid Developer

Friday, May 02, 2008

That which is lost is now found.

fo·cus[foh-kuhs] Pronunciation Key -Pronunciation noun, plural
–noun
1. a central point, as of attraction, attention, or activity: The need to prevent a nuclear war became the focus of all diplomatic efforts.
2. Physics. a point at which rays of light, heat, or other radiation, meet after being refracted or reflected.
3. Optics.
    a. the focal point of a lens.
    b. the focal length of a lens.
    c. the clear and sharply defined condition of an image.
    d. the position of a viewed object or the adjustment of an optical device necessary to produce a clear image: in focus; out of focus.



Last weekend I had my inlaws in town. It was a great time and we had lots of wonderful family outings. During there visit my mother-in-law saw a few of my photos and commented on wanting a few of them for Mothers day. So in the spirit of sharing I took her to my computer to show her a few things I didn't have prints of. In that process she saw a picture that I had never really liked or given much thought to. Because so many people have liked it I figured I would share it with you.

That which was lost is now found.

Post processing:
  1. Slight Orton Effect added
  2. Adjusted the lighting and color balance
  3. Added a darkened halo effect to draw the attention to the flower.
Shot information:

    Camera: Canon EOS 10D
    Exposure: 0.05 sec (1/20)
    Aperture: f/4
    Focal Length: 29 mm
    ISO Speed: 400
    Exposure Bias: 0/2 EV

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home